- 2.5 lb. Niman Ranch tri tip, trimmed to 1/4” fat on the outside
- 1 oz. chopped rosemary
- 1 oz. chopped garlic
- 4 oz. extra virgin olive oil
- Mix all ingredients and marinate the tri tip overnight.
- 1 qt. Balsamic vinegar
- 2 oz. shallots, chopped
- 4 oz. honey
- 1 small sprig rosemary
- 1 pt. Zinfandel wine
- Combine all the ingredients and reduce down to 6 oz.
- 2 lb.spinach, washed and stems removed
- 4 oz. arugula, washed, stems remvoed
- 1 oz. shallots, chopped
- 1/2 oz. olive oil
- 3 oz aged parmesan
Cook the beef on a grill, medium rare or to your preferred doneness. Hold for a few minutes to allow the juices to settle and become re-absorbed by the meat.
Meanwhile, heat the oil and cook shallots over medium heat in a covered sauté pan until translucent. Add the spinach and arugula and toss over high heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to plate.
Slice the beef and place atop the spinach-arugula mixture. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and sprinkle with shaved aged parmesan. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.