- 1 head of garlic
- 3T olive oil
- 4 small zucchini sliced
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 3” lengths
- 1 pound Swiss chard
- 3 medium onions
- 3T fresh oregano
- 3 each roasted red bell peppers (peeled and seeded)
- 20 each large eggs, beaten
- 2t salt
- 1t freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- Cut off pointed ends of the garlic bulb and place on a small piece of foil. Drizzle with 1T olive oil and fold the foil over to seal. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Cool and squeeze garlic from the bulbs. Set aside.
- Arrange the zucchini in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set aside.
- Arrange asparagus spears in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set aside.
- Remove and slice the stalks from the chard. Cut leaves into 1 inch strips.
- Arrange chard stems and stalks in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam for 3 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Cut onions in half lengthwise; cut into very thin wedges. Sauté onions in remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, chard, zucchini, asparagus, oregano and bell pepper. Toss gently.
- Whisk together eggs, salt and pepper. Layer half of vegetable mixture, cheese and egg mixture. Repeat procedure. Pour into lightly greased 12-inch skillet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 55 minutes or until set.