Exotic Mushroom Roast with Madeira & Thyme
- 8oz(vol) Cream
- 2 teaspoons Shallots finely chopped
- 2 lbs Wild Mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil, Virgin
- 2 teaspoons Thyme fresh
- 4oz(vol) Madeira
- 2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
- Use mushrooms that will stay fairly firm when cooking. Toss mushrooms in olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Place carefully on a roasting pan or baking sheet. roast in preheated oven at 450 degrees for 10 mnutes until mushrooms are just tender.
- While mushrooms are roasting, make the sauce:
- Put madeira, soy, shallots and thyme in a pan reduce to 1/2, add cream season with salt and pepper. Reduce until it is a light sauce consistency. Pour sauce on plate, stand up the
- mushrooms in a bunch in the center of the sauce.