Yield: 80 full sized raviolis
- 1 1/2 cups Swiss chard, steamed, squeezed dry and chopped fine (cooked & squeezed final volume)
- 1 1/4 pound chicken breasts, boneless and skinless (raw weight)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 12 ounces (vol) ricotta cheese, excellent quality, drained of excess liquid
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup Grana padano, grated (medium)
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Make sure you drain all the excess liquid from the chard or else it will make the ravioli filling too loose.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper and rub with half the olive oil. Place in a sauté pan at medium heat and cook until just done. Let cool. Chop into large chunks, place in food processor and pulse until it is a medium ground mixture with some texture left.
- All ingredients together and mix thoroughly, season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with Red Wine & Mushroom Ragu and Grated Reggiano Parmesan
Merlot Pasta Sauce:
- 2 quart Home Canned Tomatoes (you may substitute excellent quality canned tomatoes)
- ½ cup porcini mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 6 Tablespoons Reggiano Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil (chopped finely)
- To taste Salt and pepper
- Drain jars of tomatoes into a large stock pot and discard juice. Simmer on the stove. Wash mushrooms and rinse well. Chop mushrooms coarsely and add to the stock with the tomatoes. Simmer until desired thickness ・at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, reduce Turning Leaf Merlot to ¼ it’s original volume.
- Add this to the reduced tomato sauce and simmer for 20 minutes more.
- Just before serving, add butter, fresh grated Reggiano Parmesan cheese and basil and continue to simmer for 10 minutes. Serve tomato sauce with pasta and extra grated cheese and basil on the side.
Home Canned Tomatoes
Fresh ripe garden tomatoes are peeled, quartered and packed tightly in a one quart canning jar with
- 1T white vinegar
- 1t salt
- 3-4 cloves of fresh peeled garlic and
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- Store refrigerated